Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Unknown

Revered Joseph Simmons: "On September 26, 2006, Victoria Anne Simmons for some unknown reason chose to come early and unfortunately did not survive. We must accept whatever is there and once you accept unconditionally, then everything is beautiful. Every pain has a purifying effect. So whatever comes your way, just be thankful. We see life in death and believe in the celebration of
life in death."


This is what was said after a man's, daugther's death. I believe I look at death in such a negative way. Death is the only topic that I choose not to discuss because it actually frightens me. The uncertainty. I just don't know what will happen. I look around and see everyone that's important to me and think that one day they or I will be around no longer. That sucks. I look at my nephews, my parents, my fiance, my sisters, my friends and I'm like, "Dammit!" Sometimes I wonder, "What's the point?" I mean really, I don't forsake life, but to have these bonds established just to be taken away. One day I hope that I may have the clarity that has been granted to Joseph Simmons, so that I will no longer fear the unknown.