Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fat Bastard

Yo: kids are fat. And no, I don't mean there's a random chubby kid here and there. I mean FAT! Your eight year old should not weigh 125 pounds, unless that eight year old is 5'3. I have someone very near and dear to my heart, and her daughter is obese. The doctor put her on a diet, and I asked her a couple of weeks ago how she was doing? The response I received was, "Eating everything in sight." Uh, why are you giving it to her/allowing her to have it. A child will eat junk all day if you let him.

This is something that one of my fellow bloggers as well as real-life friends posted in their blog. This little blurb hit home all facts pending on I was a rather portly child and even as an adult I'm not the smallest person. When I was in the fifth grade I tipped the scales at 5'2" and 145lbs. Right now I'm 6'1" and 259. I've gained more muscle over the years and adding a little less than a foot has dispersed the extra hundred pounds over a larger frame. The problem is since I was a fat kid I was subject to an abundance of teasing. This has left me a fractured grown-up with self-esteem about as high George W.'s iq. I am the largest of all of my friends back home and while I may be the most powerful, I'm the one with the least muscle defintion. Now not to get it twisted I outweigh everyone on my block as well so their body fat percentage may be a little different than mine but I don't care. I obsess over my physical development.

I've taken muscle building supplements and I am currently on a fat burner while working out 5 times a week which is about to go up to 7. When I was younger food was my friend. It was the only one that wouldn't talk about me to my face or behind my back. Now food is the enemy as I make sure I don't ingest more than 2000 calories a day I drink a little more than what is equivalent to a 2-liter of water a day. I've been told that I'm an attractive man, but I just don't see it. As far as I'm concerned I'm still heavily flawed and the best thing about me, my brain, is something that can't be shown off by wearing the right outfit.