Sunday, May 27, 2007

Driving

Alas, it's been in excess of four (4) months since my last blog and here I am again. A week ago today I recieved a call from one of my homeboys from back on Birchfield. I talked longer than I ever had with any male outside of my family. We talked for 13 minutes. He said something that stuck with me, "...you wake up and you're 26 and you wonder where the time went." This popped back into my head earlier when I was talking about falling asleep while driving. I fell asleep driving and upon my awakening, I found myself in a new place--unlike any I'd ever seen. I found myself in a new place at a different time and I had no idea how I'd gotten there. I had no idea where I was going so therefore I had no idea how to get to where I was going nor how long it would take. I just buckled up, rolled down the window, turned down the radio and began to enjoy the ride. Now while the majority of this is a metaphor it is the truth. I'm not quite sure as to what my purpose is so I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I'm pretty sure at some point in time I will get a few speeding tickets and at other points I'll realize that I'm either ahead of or behind schedule, but as long as I reach my destination on time that is what is important.